To Serve You, Oh Lord
Author: Byron Pulsifer, © 2012
Oh Lord The Almighty,
I have five fingers upon my hand,
Each one of these fingers
Tells me to pray.
My thumb is closer to thee Oh Lord,
And it tells me to pray
For all those that
Are close to me
My family and my friends.
My next finger tells me
To pray for those that are in need
For those that need help
And for me to help those
Who are less able to help themselves.
My highest finger
Tells me to pray for those
That lead our country,
That ensure our freedom so
That we may always worship thee
Without restriction or persecution.
My fourth finger tells me to pray
For all God's children
Across the world
Who are in desperate need
My smallest finger tells me
To pray for God's little children
For all those children that need guidance
That need love and attention
That need to feed in the word of God.
All my fingers serve your desires, Oh Lord,
That help me to remember in prayer
All those that need your guidance and love
Each and every day.
from great Christian minds:
A Christian life proves itself
not in words, but character.
Christian faith isn't so much
what you say you believe
but how you behave in a consistent manner.
A. W. Tozer
Once in 7 years I burn all of my sermons.
It is a shame if I cannot write better sermons than 7 years ago.
More Christian Poems:
Happiness of the Heart
- what brings you true happiness in your heart?
- Many times we pray for things, only not to receive it.
But want we may not be want we need.
- A reminder to you to focus your energy on helping others and
being aware of the world events.
What God Hath Promised
- Verses about God's promises and how we forget.
Fear and Faith
- A reminder that faith will see
you through any difficulty
- Short poetry about Brothers. All have a christian theme to them.
-Find inspiration in the short verses written
by Edna St. Vincent Millay
- The poet is asking God to teach him kindness, grace, and patience.
- In this short poem The Poet writes in disbelief about how
anyone could not believe as they walked through a garden.
A Mothers Creed
-Short verses which express what all Christian mothers would agree upon
-What is faith - let the words of Poet S.E. Kiser give you some answers
- Things to be thankful for at any age!
Let Us With A Gladsome Mind
- A reminder He is faithful to us
- Four short poems to inspire and encourage you
Who Am I To Say
- Words to make you question who is right or wrong
God Is Love
- Verses by John McLeod