226 Motivational Quotes From The Bible
These motivational quotes from the Bible can help you to transform or positivey influence your thoughts and your life. They provide comfort, positive and truthful messages, sayings, and examples to deal with the issues and tribulations of life that confront each person. All people travel the roads of life filled, at times, with huge bumps or glorious peaks. It is in these times of large holes or valleys, however, when it seems that the valley is more akin to a bottomless pit that seeking motivational messages from the Bible most appropriately speak to us in our specific circumstances.
All quotations in the following section are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB).
- Exodus 13:3 Then Moses said to the people, “Remember this day when you came out of Egypt, out of the place of slavery, for the LORD brought you out of here by the strength of His hand.
- Exodus 13:16 So let it be a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead, for the LORD brought us out of Egypt by the strength of His hand.”
- Exodus 15:2 The LORD is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation. This is my God, and I will praise Him, my father’s God, and I will exalt Him.
- Exodus 15:13 You will lead the people You have redeemed with Your faithful love; You will guide them to Your holy dwelling with Your strength.
Related quotes and poems for further reflection: Christian Poems |
Appreciation Quotes |
Believe Quotes |
Blame Quotes |
- Deuteronomy 6:5
Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all
- Deuteronomy 11:8 Keep every command I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to cross into and possess the land you are to inherit
- Deuteronomy 32:36 The LORD will indeed vindicate His people and have compassion on His servants when He sees that their strength is gone and no one is left—slave or free.
- Deuteronomy 33:25 May the bolts of your gate be iron and bronze, and your strength last as long as you live.
- Joshua 14:11
I am still as strong today as I was the day Moses sent me out. My strength for battle and for daily tasks is now as it was then.
See parallel quotes on: Balance Quotes
- Judges 6:14
The LORD turned to him and said, “Go in the strength you have and deliver Israel from the power of Midian. Am I not sending you?”
- 1 Samuel 2:9 He guards the steps of His faithful ones, but the wicked perish in darkness, for a man does not prevail by his own strength.
- 1 Samuel 30:6 David was in a difficult position because the troops talked about stoning him, for they were all very bitter over the loss of their sons and daughters. But David found strength in the LORD his God.
- 2 Samuel 22:40 You have clothed me with strength for battle; You subdue my adversaries beneath me.
- 1 Chronicles 16:11 Search for the LORD and for His strength; seek His face always.
- 1 Chronicles 16:27 Splendor and majesty are before Him; strength and joy are in His place.
- 1 Chronicles 16:28 Ascribe to the LORD, families of the peoples, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
- 1 Chronicles 29:12
Riches and honor come from You, and You are the ruler of everything. Power and might are in Your hand, and it is in Your hand to make great and to give strength to all.
- 2 Chronicles 14:11 Then Asa cried out to the LORD his God: “LORD, there is no one besides You to help the mighty and those without strength. Help us, LORD our God, for we depend on You, and in Your name we have come against this large army. Yahweh, You are our God."
- 2 Chronicles 32:8 He has only human strength, but we have Yahweh our God to help us and to fight our battles.
See parallel quotations on: Never Give Up Quotes |
Challenge Quotes |
Choices Quotes |
- Job 6:11 What strength do I have that I should continue to hope? What is my future, that I should be patient?
- Job 12:13 Wisdom and strength belong to God; counsel and understanding are His.
- Job 18:12 His strength is depleted; disaster lies ready for him to stumble.
See parallel sayings on: Failure Quotes
- Psalm 18:1 I love You, LORD, my strength.
- Psalm 18:32 God—He clothes me with strength and makes my way perfect.
- Psalm 18:39 You have clothed me with strength for battle; You subdue my adversaries beneath me.
- Psalm 21:13 Be exalted, LORD, in Your strength; we will sing and praise Your might.
- Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. Therefore my heart rejoices, and I praise Him with my song.
- Psalm 28:8 The LORD is the strength of His people; He is a stronghold of salvation for His anointed.
- Psalm 29:1 Ascribe to Yahweh, you heavenly beings, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
- Psalm 29:11 The LORD gives His people strength; the LORD blesses His people with peace.
See related quotes on: Patience Quotes
- Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a helper who is always found in times of trouble.
- Psalm 59:9 I will keep watch for You, my strength, because God is my stronghold.
- Psalm 59:16 But I will sing of Your strength and will joyfully proclaim Your faithful love in the morning. For You have been a stronghold for me, a refuge in my day of trouble.
- Psalm 59:17 To You, my strength, I sing praises, because God is my stronghold— my faithful God.
- Psalm 61:2 I call to You from the ends of the earth when my heart is without strength. Lead me to a rock that is high above me
- Psalm 63:2 So I gaze on You in the sanctuary to see Your strength and Your glory.
- Psalm 66:3 Say to God, “How awe-inspiring are Your works! Your enemies will cringe before You because of Your great strength.
- Psalm 68:28 Your God has decreed your strength. Show Your strength, God, You who have acted on our behalf.
See parallel writings on: Action Quotes
- Psalm 68:35 God, You are awe-inspiring in Your sanctuaries. The God of Israel gives power and strength to His people. May God be praised!
- Psalm 71:18 Even when I am old and gray, God, do not abandon me. Then I will proclaim Your power to another generation, Your strength to all who are to come.
- Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart, my portion forever.
- Psalm 77:14 You are the God who works wonders; You revealed Your strength among the peoples.
- Psalm 81:1 Sing for joy to God our strength; shout in triumph to the God of Jacob.
- Psalm 84:5 Happy are the people whose strength is in You, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
See related parallel messages: Thought Provoking Quotes
- Psalm 86:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me. Give Your strength to Your servant.
- Psalm 93:1 The LORD reigns! He is robed in majesty; The LORD is robed, enveloped in strength. The world is firmly established; it cannot be shaken.
- Psalm 96:7 Ascribe to the LORD, you families of the peoples, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
- Psalm 105:4 Search for the LORD and for His strength; seek His face always.
- Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and my song; He has become my salvation.
- Psalm 138:3 On the day I called, You answered me; You increased strength within me.
- Proverbs 24:5 A wise warrior is better than a strong one, and a man of knowledge than one of strength.
- Isaiah 11:2 The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him— a Spirit of wisdom and understanding, a Spirit of counsel and strength, a Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.
- Isaiah 12:2 Indeed, God is my salvation; I will trust Him and not be afraid, for Yah, the LORD, is my strength and my song. He has become my salvation.
- Isaiah 30:15 ... or the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, has said: “You will be delivered by returning and resting; your strength will lie in quiet confidence. But you are not willing.”
- Isaiah 33:2 LORD, be gracious to us! We wait for You. Be our strength every morning and our salvation in time of trouble.
- Isaiah 40:10 See, the Lord GOD comes with strength, and His power establishes His rule. His reward is with Him, and His gifts accompany Him.
- Isaiah 40:26 Look up and see: who created these? He brings out the starry host by number; He calls all of them by name. Because of His great power and strength, not one of them is missing.
- Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary and strengthens the powerless.
- Isaiah 40:31
... but those who trust in the LORD will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint.
- Isaiah 45:24
It will be said to Me: Righteousness and strength is only in the LORD.” All who are enraged against Him will come to Him and be put to shame.
- Isaiah 52:1
Wake up, wake up; put on your strength, Zion! Put on your beautiful garments, Jerusalem, the Holy City! For the uncircumcised and the unclean will no longer enter you.
- Jeremiah 16:19
LORD, my strength and my stronghold, my refuge in a time of distress, the nations will come to You from the ends of the earth, and they will say, “Our fathers inherited only lies, worthless idols of no benefit at all.
- Jeremiah 17:5
This is what the LORD says: The man who trusts in mankind, who makes human flesh his strength and turns his heart from the LORD is cursed.
- Jeremiah 27:5
By My great strength and outstretched arm, I made the earth, and the people, and animals on the face of the earth. I give it to anyone I please.
- Habakkuk 3:19
Yahweh my Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like those of a deer and enables me to walk on mountain heights!
- Zechariah 4:6
So he answered me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by strength or by might, but by My Spirit,’ says the LORD of Hosts.
- Mark 12:30
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.
- Mark 12:33
And to love Him with all your heart, with all your understanding, and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself, is far more important than all the burnt offerings and sacrifices.
- Luke 10:27
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.
- Luke 21:36
But be alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place and to stand before the Son of Man.
- Romans 15:1
Now we who are strong have an obligation to bear the weaknesses of those without strength, and not to please ourselves.
- 1 Corinthians 1:25
... because God’s foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and God’s weakness is stronger than human strength.
- Ephesians 1:19
... and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power to us who believe, according to the working of His vast strength.
- Ephesians 6:10
Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and by His vast strength.
- Colossians 1:29
I labor for this, striving with His strength that works powerfully in me.
- 1 Peter 4:11
If anyone speaks, it should be as one who speaks God’s words; if anyone serves, it should be from the strength God provides, so that God may be glorified through Jesus Christ in everything. To Him belong the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.
- Revelation 3:8
I know your works. Because you have limited strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name, look, I have placed before you an open door that no one is able to close.
- Revelation 5:12
They said with a loud voice: The Lamb who was slaughtered is worthy to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing!
- Revelation 7:12
Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength be to our God forever and ever. Amen.
Parallel quotations on Courage Quotes and on
Difficult Times Quotes
Bible Quotes About Love
All Scriptural references to "love" as cited below are found in the
New International Version (NIV)
Here is one New Brunswick Church's motto conveyed each Sunday;
"God's love, in us, to the world, why? Because LOVE changes everything."
- Matthew 3:17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
- Matthew 5:43 [ Love for Enemies ] “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
- Matthew 5:44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you
- Matthew 5:46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
- Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
- Matthew 10:37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
See also sayings on: Father Quotes | and Life Is Too Short Quotes
- Matthew 12:18 “Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations.
- Matthew 17:5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
- Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
- Matthew 22:39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
- Mark 1:11 And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
- Mark 9:7 Then a cloud appeared and covered them, and a voice came from the cloud: “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”
- Mark 10:21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
- Mark 12:6 “He had one left to send, a son, whom he loved. He sent him last of all, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’
- Mark 12:30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
- Mark 12:31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
- Mark 12:33 To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.”
- Luke 3:22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
- Luke 6:27 [ Love for Enemies ] “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.
See parallel messages on: Listening Quotes
- Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
- Luke 10:27 (Two greatest commandments) He answered, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Luke 11:42 “Woe to you Pharisees, because you give God a tenth of your mint, rue and all other kinds of garden herbs, but you neglect justice and the love of God. You should have practiced the latter without leaving the former undone.
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- John 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
- John 3:35 The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands.
- John 5:20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed.
- John 8:42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me.
- John 10:17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again.
- John 12:25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
- John 12:43 for they loved human praise more than praise from God.
- John 13:1 [ Jesus Washes His Disciples’ Feet ] It was just before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father.
- Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.
- John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
- John 13:35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
- John 14:15 [ Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit ] “If you love me, keep my commands.
- John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”
- John 14:23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
- John 14:24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
- John 14:28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
- John 15:9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
- John 15:10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.
- John 15:12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
- John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
- John 15:17 This is my command: Love each other.
- John 15:19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
- John 16:27 No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.
- John 17:23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
- John 17:24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
- Romans 1:7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Romans 5:5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
- Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
- Romans 8:39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 12:9 [ Love in Action ] Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
- Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.
- Romans 13:8 [ Love Fulfills the Law ] Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.
- Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
- Romans 14:15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died.
- 1 Corinthians 2:9 However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him
- 1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God.
- 1 Corinthians 13:2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
- 1 Corinthians 13: 4, 5-7, 13
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:14 Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:22 If anyone does not love the Lord, let that person be cursed! Come, Lord!
- 1 Corinthians 16:24 My love to all of you in Christ Jesus. Amen.
- 2 Corinthians 5:14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
- 2 Corinthians 6:6 in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love
- 2 Corinthians 8:7 But since you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in the love we have kindled in you—see that you also excel in this grace of giving.
- 2 Corinthians 8:8 I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others.
- 2 Corinthians 9:7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
- 2 Corinthians 12:15 So I will very gladly spend for you everything I have and expend myself as well. If I love you more, will you love me less?
- 2 Corinthians 13:11 [ Final Greetings ] Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.
- Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
- Galatians 5:13 [ Life by the Spirit ] You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.
- Galatians 5:14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
- Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness
- Ephesians 3:17 ... so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love
- Ephesians 3:18 ... may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ
- Ephesians 3:19 ... and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
- Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
- Ephesians 4:16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
- Ephesians 5:2 ... and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
- Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
- Ephesians 5:28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
- Ephesians 5:33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
- Ephesians 6:24 Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love.
- Philippians 1:9 And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight
- Philippians 2:2 ... then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind.
- Philippians 4:1 [ Closing Appeal for Steadfastness and Unity ] Therefore, my brothers and sisters, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, dear friends!
- Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
- Colossians 1:5 ... the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel
- Colossians 2:2 My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ
- Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
- Colossians 3:14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
- Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
- 1 Thessalonians 1:3 We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- 1 Thessalonians 1:4 For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you
- 1 Thessalonians 2:8 ... so we cared for you. Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well.
- 1 Thessalonians 3:12 May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:9 Now about your love for one another we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.
- 2 Thessalonians 1:3 [ Thanksgiving and Prayer ] We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:10 ... and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:13 [ Stand Firm ] But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.
- 2 Thessalonians 3:5 May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.
- 1 Timothy 4:12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.
- 1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
- 1 Timothy 6:11 [ Final Charge to Timothy ] But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.
- 2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
- 2 Timothy 1:13 What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus.
- 2 Timothy 2:22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
- 2 Timothy 3:10 [ A Final Charge to Timothy ] You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance
- Hebrews 1:9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.
- Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
- Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds
- Hebrews 12:6 ... because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.
- Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
- James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
- James 2:8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing right.
- 1 Peter 2:17 Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.
- 1 Peter 3:8 [ Suffering for Doing Good ] Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
- 1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
- 1 John 2:5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him
- 1 John 2:10 Anyone who loves their brother and sister lives in the light, and there is nothing in them to make them stumble.
- 1 John 2:15 [ On Not Loving the World ] Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.
- 1 John 3:10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.
- 1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love each other. Anyone who does not love remains in death.
- 1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.
- 1 John 4:7 [ God’s Love and Ours ] Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
- 1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- 1 John 4:9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
- 1 John 4:10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
- 1 John 4:11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
- 1 John 4:12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
- 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
- 1 John 4:19 We love because he first loved us.
- 1 John 4:20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
- 1 John 4:21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.
- 1 John 5:1 [ Faith in the Incarnate Son of God ] Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.
- 1 John 5:2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands.
- 1 John 5:3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome
- 2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
- Jude 1:2 Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance.
- Jude 1:21 ... keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.
- Revelation 2:19 I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.
- Revelation 3:19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.
Parallel Quotations on Short Love Quotes
Short Poems and Quotes |
About Us |
Contact Us |