Poems About Life
You will find
verses and quotations about life, short rhyming ones, and,
poetry for special occasions to share with
your friends and family.
Many of them provide words of encouragement. Plus in the verses
you will find words for reflection.
Some of these are written by famous poets. But, you will find ones written
by people with varied backgrounds and from
all parts of the world. Let their words in their verses and rhymes
inspire and motivate you.
Many times as we journeyed to a more fulfilling life, we reflected
on the short verses in these poems.
Reading poetry can be inspirational and it may give you other options
to look at situations in a different way. Byron Pulsifer and
People In My Life
- Who are the people in your life that have made a difference.
A Balanced Life
- about life's ups and down and about keeping it all in balance
Things I Should Say
- we all have things we should say and we don't.
- words for reflection when thinking about what a failure is and how we should deal with it.
Wait For Life To Begin
- when does life begin, an interesting question.
Life Without Love
- do we need love in our life? Read the thoughts of this Poet.
Poetry about Living
- offers verses for contemplation on life.
- does a poem tell a story, read this for our thoughts
- words about living frugally.
-the Poet expresses his thoughts in the verses and give us words to consider.
- we all age that is just a fact of life; thoughts about what old age means.
On The Road Less Travelled
- read the Poets thoughts and draw your own conclusions about which road you will take.
Need of Loving
- we all need love, and, this poetry, while short, discusses this fact.
- the words of the poet describes an attitude that would benefit us all.
The Common Road
- written many years ago by Poet, Silas Perkins.
When Things Won't Work
- how do you handle situations that don't work the way you want them to.
- good words for us all to reflect on and to live by
But is This The Good Life
- this was written questioning working in a corporate environment.
Tell Him So
- offers us verses to reminds us to be verbal in our praise, and in our thanks.
The Wise Man
- one that will make you smile, but one that also contains common sense with a moral in its verses.
- words to remind us to do less. We sometimes
get so caught up in issues and we try to do more than we can. And, we
sometimes do more negative than we do positive good.
-inspirational verses to bring stress relief by reminding us because
of what we don't have, because of our mistakes, and because
of difficult times, we do have a lot to be thankful for.
My A to Z of Wonderful Things in Life
-there are many wonderful things in life. Read the verses here and see if you can come up with your own list.
- written in 1927, but one which still holds true today!
Success and Stress
- does success create stress or relieve stress? A good question, find the answers here in this short poetry.
Poems for Special Occasions
- inspirational verses for Christmas, Birthdays, Valentines, and more.
It Is The Journey That Is Important
- about the journey and what is important.
- words for reflection.
Stress Relief Kit
- written in the form of a kit. Each time we give one of them it brings a smile to their face.
The Simple Things
- about your attitude towards each day.
- the poetry "IF" was written many years ago and provides words of encouragement. Short but to the point.
The Other Fellow
- envious about the other fellow? Read the words of Edgar A Guest.
Life Is For Living
- can words and verses describe what simplicity is? John McLeod's writing
does just that.
I Did Not Think
- the Poet reminds us of two very short common phrases that we all sometimes use too much.
- Poet, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, describes his thoughts on holidays
Life Is Patience
- the thoughts of the Poet express how we at times just do not have the patience, but life is a teacher and patience is something we all need to learn
Your Journey Through Life
- two short poems about life and the journey we find ourselves on.
Here is a short poem about life by John McLeod. It is one
that talks about we don't know what the day will bring
or who we will meet. The verses recognizes the
good deeds of strangers which makes life easier.
Poet: John McLeod © 1982
Awakening to the fresh dawn of the morning
Not knowing what new paths this day will bring,
But trusting in his gentle hands to guide you
Just as he cares for every mortal thing,
And stumbling forth find strength you lacked so badly
Stream in to give a sense of fullness through,
To me, (one fails to count, the kindest people:
Samaritans whose names you never knew.
With dusk the toil of day brings healthy tiredness,
And climbing stairs one wonders all the more
How many friends perhaps you'll meet tomorrow
And what life's traveling onwards has in store.
How often, then, to lie as sleep steals over
And count the blessings that he brings to you,
Through people who are happy just to serve him:
Samaritans whose names you never knew!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
While the poetry is short it reminds us to stop and count our blessings.
John has expressed a day drawing to a close. You can be in the place he is
in as he hears and sees the day ending. Great verses for reflection.
How Sweet To Hear
Poet: John McLeod © 1989
How sweet to hear in evening's hush
A song-thrush caroling its joy,
When sunset paints its carmine blush
And day's dull straws no more employ
The mind, and as one's rest draws near
A few quiet moments linger yet
To count rich memories so dear . . .
The love of Life one can't forget!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Poet: John McLeod (c)
It's the little bit of sunshine
Lighting up the dullest day,
That brings a glow of pleasure
As we journey on Life's way.
It's the simple things that please us
Like a willing kindness done,
That son blow away each storm-cloud
'Till once more we see the sun.
"You only live once,
but if you do it right,
once is enough."
Thanks to Anita for sending this wonderful poem about life. The words in
the verses remind us that life is easier by helping others. And sometimes we don't
realize the effect we have on peoples lives - those that we help and others. We hope you enjoy it.
Poet: Joseph Norris
Drop a pebble in the water,
And its ripples reach out far;
And the sunbeams dancing on them
May reflect them to a star.
Give a smile to someone passing,
Thereby making his morning glad;
It may greet you in the evening
When your own heart may be sad.
Do a deed of simple kindness;
Though its end you may not see,
It may reach, like widening ripples,
Down a long eternity.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The verse here drives home the point that none of us is perfect. We
all have strengths and we all have faults. When we talk of others we should
be reminded that we shouldn't not criticize others. Gossip does nothing to help
any situation. Keep these four lines handy as a reminder. Share them with others.
Poet: Edward W. Hoch
There is so much good in the worst of us,
And so much bad in the best of us,
That it ill behooves any of us
To talk about the rest of us.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Find words of wisdom in this short poem written by Lao Tzu.
Three Precious Things
by Lao Tzu
I have three precious things which I hold fast and prize.
The first is gentleness; the second is frugality; the third is humility,
which keeps me from putting myself before others.
Be gentle and you can be bold;
be frugal and you can be liberal;
avoid putting yourself before others and
you can become a leader among men.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Poet: John McLeod, © 1989
Life's wheel spins on
And through rain
But dawn's full promise
Ere returns again
Thus in your heart
Keep moments of sweet grace
A cherished warmth
In love's remembered place.
- Be inspired with this collection of inspirational poems
where you will find more short poems that are inpirational, plus quotes, stories and more.
Short Poems and Quotes |
Best Friends Forever |
Funny Birthday |
Short Friendship |
Christmas Verses |
Short Love Poems |
Christian Poems |
Mothers Day |
Fathers Day |
Short Quotes |
Our Friends |