No More Unhappy People
by Catherine Pulsifer, © 2015
There are many people in life,
That try and bring you down.
These people are very selfish,
And enjoy making you frown.
And then there are others,
Who don't even see what they do.
They unintentionally do certain things,
That have an affect on you.
The problem with all these people,
Is it's the same every time.
You feel yourself getting madder,
And forget they're not worth a dime.
Why do we let them do this,
Every time their around.
We need to start remembering,
That it's our choice to put on the frown.
And more importantly there are others,
Who are kind and sweet and smart.
These are the people we should be around,
It's time to make a new start.
Let's stop letting certain people,
Get the best of who we are.
They don't deserve our feelings,
Our tears or words by far.
We don't need them in our lives,
But if they have to be.
I'll hold my head up high,
And not let them get to me.
We will focus on the good,
And all the loving people.
It's time we honor those,
And life will be more peaceful!
Look For The UPside Of Life
by Julie Hebert, © 2015
Drops on my window,
Grey skies way up high.
The world looks so gloomy,
Why even look outside.
I sit in my house,
Depressed with a frown.
I hate feeling crappy,
But the weather brings me down.
Why do I feel crappy?
Why do I wear a frown.
Days like today,
Bring so much to this town.
If it weren't for the rain,
We'd all live in a desert.
With no trees, grass or flowers,
Just dirt and prickly cactus.
There would be no fields to run in,
Or gardens to adore.
No tree leaves to jump in,
That fall to the floor.
And for kids most of all,
This tragedy they'd endure.
What good are rain coats and rubber boots,
If puddles are no more.
If we look at it differently,
And see not just bad.
See the good in what rain brings,
Maybe these days we'd be glad.
And life is just like that,
You only see what you decide.
You have to open yourself up,
And allow for both sides.
The rain will stop sometime,
And a rainbow will appear.
The sun will come out too,
And it'll all feel like cheer.
You'll run in the green field,
And smell a fresh flower.
The trees will blow softly,
All because of a shower.
Poet: John McLeod © 1982
Awakening to the fresh dawn of the morning
Not knowing what new paths this day will bring,
But trusting in his gentle hands to guide you
Just as he cares for every mortal thing,
And stumbling forth find strength you lacked so badly
Stream in to give a sense of fullness through,
To me, (one fails to count, the kindest people:
Samaritans whose names you never knew.
With dusk the toil of day brings healthy tiredness,
And climbing stairs one wonders all the more
How many friends perhaps you'll meet tomorrow
And what life's traveling onwards has in store.
How often, then, to lie as sleep steals over
And count the blessings that he brings to you,
Through people who are happy just to serve him:
Samaritans whose names you never knew!
How Sweet To Hear
Poet: John McLeod, © 1989
How sweet to hear in evening's hush
A song-thrush caroling its joy,
When sunset paints its carmine blush
And day's dull straws no more employ
The mind, and as one's rest draws near
A few quiet moments linger yet
To count rich memories so dear . . .
The love of Life one can't forget!
Poet: John McLeod, ©
It's the little bit of sunshine
Lighting up the dullest day,
That brings a glow of pleasure
As we journey on Life's way.
It's the simple things that please us
Like a willing kindness done,
That son blow away each storm-cloud
'Till once more we see the sun.
Poet: John McLeod, © 1989
Life's wheel spins on
And through rain
But dawn's full promise
Ere returns again
Thus in your heart
Keep moments of sweet grace
A cherished warmth
In love's remembered place.
More Poems about Life:
People In My Life
- Who are the people in your life that have made a difference.
A Balanced Life
- about life's ups and down and about keeping it all in balance
Things I Should Say
- we all have things we should say and we don't.
- words for reflection when thinking about what a failure is and how we should deal with it.
Wait For Life To Begin
- when does life begin, an interesting question.
Life Without Love
- do we need love in our life? Read the thoughts of this Poet.
Wishing and Living
- offers verses for contemplation on life.
- does a poem tell a story, read this for our thoughts
- words about living in a simpler way
-the Poet expresses his thoughts in the verses and give us words to consider.
- we all age that is just a fact of life; thoughts about what old age means.
On The Road Less Travelled
- read the Poets thoughts and draw your own conclusions about which road you will take.
Need of Loving
- we all need love, and, this poetry, while short, discusses this fact.
- the words of the poet describes an attitude that would benefit us all.
The Common Road
- written many years ago by Poet, Silas Perkins.
When Things Won't Work
- how do you handle situations that don't work the way you want them to.
- good words for us all to reflect on and to live by
But is This The Good Life
- this was written questioning working in a corporate environment.
Tell Him So
- offers us verses to reminds us to be verbal in our praise, and in our thanks.
The Wise Man
- one that will make you smile, but one that also contains common sense with a moral in its verses.
- words to remind us to do less. We sometimes
get so caught up in issues and we try to do more than we can. And, we
sometimes do more negative than we do positive good.
-inspirational verses to bring stress relief by reminding us because
of what we don't have, because of our mistakes, and because
of difficult times, we do have a lot to be thankful for.
My A to Z of Wonderful Things in Life
-there are many wonderful things in life. Read the verses here and see if you can come up with your own list.
- written in 1927, but one which still holds true today!
Success and Stress
- does success create stress or relieve stress? A good question, find the answers here in this short poetry.
Poems for Special Occasions
- inspirational verses for Christmas, Birthdays, Valentines, and more.
It Is The Journey That Is Important
- about the journey and what is important.
- words for reflection.
Stress Relief Kit
- written in the form of a kit. Each time we give one of them it brings a smile to their face.
The Simple Things
- about your attitude towards each day.
- the poetry "IF" was written many years ago and provides words of encouragement. Short but to the point.
The Other Fellow
- envious about the other fellow? Read the words of Edgar A Guest.
Life Is For Living
- can words and verses describe what simplicity is? John McLeod's writing
does just that.
I Did Not Think
- the Poet reminds us of two very short common phrases that we all sometimes use too much.
- Poet, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, describes his thoughts on holidays
Life Is Patience
- the thoughts of the Poet express how we at times just do not have the patience, but life is a teacher and patience is something we all need to learn
Your Journey Through Life
- two short poems about life and the journey we find ourselves on.