Past featured short garden poems:
Woodman Spare That Tree
A poem about not cutting down the trees that hold special memories for us.
Two Little Ladybugs
This poetry is especially fun to read to children and have them do finger actions to the verses.
My Garden Is A Pleasant Place
Reading the verses of the poetry will allow you to visit the poet's garden, as you visualize the reality of her words. Gardens could be considered sanctuaries.
Who Loves A Garden
- Two short poems by poet, Louise Seymour Jones. Reading the verses of these poems expresses the poets love of the garden.
- Autumn a time to rake the leaves, a time to clean up the garden, and, a time of reflection. Enjoy this short poem by Laura Lee Randall which describes this season in its verses.
On the Grasshopper and the Cricket
- Poet, John Keats, who lived from 17951821, had a way with words. Enjoy this short poem, On the Grasshopper and the Cricket. Plus enjoy other verses and
- Enjoy the love of nature that the poet shares with us in his poem.
I Saw God Wash The World
- Enjoy this short poem, I Saw God Wash The World, written by poet, William L. Stidger
Nobody Knows This Little Rose
- Poet Emily Dickinson expresses her thoughts on roses in this short poem.
Results and Roses
- Poetry that uses the anology of gardening preparation to drive home the point that to get results you need to work.
Within My Garden Rides a Bird
- Two short poems about hummingbirds
Poems about Lawns
- A collection of short poems about lawns
Legend of the Butterfly
- As you read the verses of the poem may they remind you the magic of the butterfly
Verses on Gardening and Frugal
- A collection of verses on gardening and frugal for you to reflect on.
Who Makes a Garden
- May the pleasures of your garden be seen in the verses
- Short poetry about growing your own vegetables
- One of the best times of the year, Spring! Enjoy these short poems expressing the poets views about Spring
There Is Another Sky
- Emily Dickinson a very famous poet who lived in the 1800s wrote this short poetry.
-The Poet expresses her thoughts about autumn and draws comparsion to life in her words
You may also enjoy these gardening quotes.