41 Kindness Quotes
Updated May 21, 2019
Kindness: It is the power and life-changing attitude. The effects of
kindness can never be minimized. This collection
of kindness quotes demonstrates that no matter how small our act
of graciousness is, it truly does make a positive difference in people's lives.
- We do not live to be selfish; we live to bless others with the bounties
we have been graciously given. Byron R. Pulsifer
- A demonstration of offering another person what they desperately
need to survive is not a matter of the mind but of the heart. B. C. Artworst
- There is no kindness in the world unless it is first shown. Robert Rivers
- To pass by someone on the street who is obviously in
desperate need is to forsake the primary mandate of humanity.
Theodore W. Higgingsworth
- Kindness shown by a fool is worth more
than gold given by a hypocrite. Byron R. Pulsifer
- I've never met a person in need who begs for riches but only for
that which gives sustenance within the day. H.H. Hopalotomus
- Every word that conveys altruism, amiability, consideration,
helpfulness, care, or concern has no meaning unless it is followed
by a genuine and graceful action devoid of expecting something in return.
Freddy J. W. Parkes
Kindness is but the trap laid by those who silently
shout out to you for help. Theodore W. Higgingsworth
- Never despise anyone who falls into subject poverty or
those who through no fault find themselves captured by the vagaries of life.
Let it not be said that you have denied assistance beyond that which
you truthfully know you can well afford to supply without seeking
repayment or recognition of any sort in and of notable measure. Byron R. Pulsifer
You can never show enough kindness to others.
- Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
My religion is simple, my religion is kindness.
Related quotes for further reflection:
Christian Poems |
Great persons are able to do great kindnesses.
Miguel de Cervantes
- Kindness gives birth to kindness.
- Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.
- Have you had a kindness shown?
Pass it on; Twas not given for thee alone,
Pass it on; Let it travel down the years,
Let it wipe another's tears, Til in Heaven the deed appears - Pass it on.
- I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.
We're here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw
little torches out to lead people through the dark.
Parallel quotations for personal reflection:
- Do all the good you can. By all the means you can.
In all the ways you can. In all the places you can.
At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.
- The everyday kindness of the back roads more than makes up
for the acts of greed in the headlines.
- Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you -
not because they are nice, but because you are.
- For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
- We wildly underestimate the power
of the tiniest personal touch of kindness.
It is difficult to give away kindness. It keeps coming back to you.
- You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone
who will never be able to repay you.
Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for
I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
Relevant quotes to consider:
Poems about Life |
Quotes to Live By |
Inspirational Poems |
- There is no tally sheet in the exchange of small kindnesses;
but there is shared memory and, from each person,
the assurances of good things to come.
- Kindness is for all times in all situations -- not just when it suits you.
- You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.
If you haven't any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind
of heart trouble.
Motivational Poems |
Encouraging Poems |
Short Quotes |
Easy Poems to Memorize |
Difficult Times |
- As perfume to the flower, so is kindness to speech.
- Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
- The ideas that have lighted my way have been kindness, beauty and truth.
- If someone were to pay you ten cents for every kind word you ever
spoke and collect five cents for every unkind word,
would you be rich or poor?
- Kind hearts are the gardens,
Kind thoughts are the roots,
Kind words are the flowers,
Kind deeds are the fruits.
Take care of your garden
And keep out the weeds,
Fill it with sunshine
Kind words and kind deeds.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- ... believe me: being kind to yourself, to strangers, to those you love,
to the world - every day, at every opportunity - will make you happier
and more connected to everything and everyone than you have ever been.
It will bring you peace...
Bernadette Russell, The Little Book of Kindness
- With so much negativity in our world ... the most important thing is
kindness towards others.
Eldonna Lewis Fernandez
- Interestingly enough, although kindness has a good chance of leading to
success, kindness will always lead to happiness. So if you want to be happy,
David T. Fagan
- We can view the world in one of two ways. We can look out and see
all the negativity and heartache that occurs or we can choose to focus
on all the kindness and generosity and draw from its strength.
Michelle Tupy, An Unexpected Kindness
- Kindness is magic,
It's the breeze that gently touches everybody,
Drifting like a viral flu, a contagious epidemic,
That moves from one person to another silently...
- We all know someone who has changed our life in some way, big or small.
We all have seen people acting in kindness or love. We all know how much
better it feels to stir the good than to spill the bad.
AnnaMarie McHargue, People Are Good: 100 True Stories to Restore Your Faith in Humanity
Short Quotes and Poems
for additional quotes, sayings and inspiring poems.