36 Sister QuotesSisters are always dependable no matter what happens, or no matter
where they live. A sister
is more than a blood relative; more than a friend; and, even more than all
your other friends combined. That
special bond, that unique camaraderie, that never-ending forgiveness,
that non-judgemental acceptance and
that complete ease of discussion all combine into one very unique
and special relationship.
- My sister not only extends the warmth and comfort I expect
but also furthers the uniqueness found within the lineage
of the entire family.
Byron R. Pulsifer
- There is no other person on earth that can replace a sister; she
knows me too well.
Theodore W. Higgingsworth
- If there was only one person to confide in, to trust, to support, it would be you my dear sister.
Rosy Lee Anderson
- If we believed in the media we would think the only significant
relationship in our lives is a romantic one. Yet sisterhood is probably
the one that will last longer than any other. A sister will always be around.
- A sister's words of praise ring long and clear throughout the years.
Allison M. Lee
- Between sisters, often, the child's cry never dies down. "Never leave me,"
if says; "do not abandon me."
I don't believe that the accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers.
It makes them siblings. Gives them mutuality of parentage.
Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.
Parallel quotations to review:
Short Deep Quotes |
Short Family Quotes and Sayings |
Short Friendship Quotes |
Thought Provoking |
- We acquire friends and we make enemies,
but our sisters come with the territory.
- Your sister is your other self. She is your ego, your reflection,
your foil, your shadow.
- There is no outsider anywhere who wouldn't appreciate
and even envy the tremendous advantage sisters have, if properly utilized,
against all odds.
- Be kind to thy sister. Not many know the depths of true sisterly love.
- We are sisters. We will always be sisters. Our differences may never
go away, but neither, for me, will our song.
Despite my underlying resentment, my sister's presence always mattered.
How happy I was to see her waiting outside school for me the day
I got my first report card.
Poems about Life |
Sustainability Quotes |
- Living with a sister is easier than moving in with a friend.
When your new roommate is not a family member, you both
act like nervous newlyweds.
- Sisters, whatever their stories, instinctively know how fortunate they are.
- A sibling may be the keeper of one's identity, the only person with
the keys to one's unfettered, more fundamental self.
- I have come back full circle to my own sister, to the value of traversing
an often troubling relationship, one that has fractured and sustained me,
but most important, has helped me piece together the story of myself.
- I am very grateful to my sisters for teaching me what I know about people.
For showing me different ways to grow. For never having to worry
whether they'll show up for me.
- What sisters really know is that they can fight with each other because
they will always be sisters; they have a blood bond.
- There is space within sisterhood for likeness and difference,
for the subtle differences that challenge and delight;
there is space for disappointment-and surprise.
- Sisters touch your heart in ways no other could. Sisters share... their hopes,
their fears, their love, everything they have. Real friendship springs from
their special bonds.
- All living things evolve and are involved in a pattern of struggle and release.
This includes sisterhood.
- Good or bad, distant or apart, sisters are tuned in to each other
with an uncanniness that baffles outsiders.
- Bless you, my darling, and remember you are always in the heart,
oh tucked so close there is no chance of escape - of your sister.
- She is your mirror, shining back at your with a world of possibilities.
She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and
loves you anyway.
- More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you've been bad and good.
- Biologically we're sisters; we share a father and a mother.
Logically we're friends; we share a bond that's like no other.
- I always regarded my sister as a child who I, as the older one, took care of.
- Sisters are connected throughout their lives by a special bond
whether they try to ignore it or not. For better or for worse,
sisters remain sisters, until death do them part.
Sisters share the innocence, imagination, and adventure of youth.
Sayings for reflection:
Inspirational Poems |
Quotes to Live By |
- A sister is a knowing look, a hand within your own. A voice you love
to hear when you pick up the phone.
- I believe all suffering is caused by ignorance. People inflict pain
on others in the selfish pursuit of their happiness or satisfaction.
Yet true happiness comes from a sense of brotherhood and sisterhood.
We need to cultivate a universal responsibility for one another and the
planet we share.
- Our brothers and sisters bring us face to face with our former
selves and remind us how intricately bound up we are in each other's lives.
Jane Mersky Leder
- How important is is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes
- God made us sisters, our hearts make us friends,
love keeps us bonded thru thick and thru thin.
Joyce C. Lock
- No one knows better than a sister how we grew up,
and who our friends, teachers, and favorite toys were.
No one knows better than she.
Return to moreShort Quotes and Poems