34 Discouragement Quotes
What is discouragement except for a loss of confidence or enthusiasm. However, this feeling of dispiritedness can be overcome;
do not give in to it. This collection of discouragement quotes, sayings, and thoughts all help
to encourage and motivate; the idea is to change your mind, to alter your thoughts from negative to positive.
It is our hope that to those who feel discouraged, these brief
quotations will inspire you not to surmount your feelings of discouragement.
- Those who dwell in past miseries or problems never see the doorway beyond.
Byron R. Pulsifer
- To seize the future means previous defeats are as dim as the palest memories.
Annabelle Marie Haines
- Do not quit; do not give up. The only people who quit
and give up are those who never attempt in the first place, and you
are not like that.
Rosy Lee Anderson
- Defeat is final when you give up. And, discouragement is not permanent unless you
wish it to be so.
Byron R. Pulsifer
- No matter who does you wrong, you don't have to stay defeated.
Disappointments are inevitable, but misery is optional.
- Don't accept discouragement, keep going!
Less stress results in not allowing discouragement to be your attitude!
- Do not be discouraged if your plans do not succeed the first time.
No one learns to walk by taking only one step.
Never, never, never quit!
Related quotes to reflect on:
Quotes To Live By
Don't Quit Poem
- A problem is a chance for your to do your best.
- Don't let people discourage you from living your dreams.
- Every seed knows its time- all in good time.
- Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point
where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged.
That's not the place to become discouraged.
Thomas Alva Edison
Remember, always give your best.
Never get discouraged. Never be petty.
Always remember, others may hate you.
But those who hate you don't win unless you hate them.
And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M. Nixon
Parallel sayings on discouragement:
Mistake Quotes |
- And don't be discouraged if you make a mistake, fix it and move on - that is how we learn!
Catherine and Byron Pulsifer
- Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience.
Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every
discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true,
and every fresh experience points out some.
- Would you like me to give you a formula for. . . .success?
It's quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure. . .
You're thinking of failure as the enemy of success.
But it isn't at all. . . You can be discouraged by failure--or you can learn
from it. So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can.
Because, remember that's where you'll find success. On the far side.
Thomas John Watson, Sr.
History has demonstrated that the most notable winners
usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed.
They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats.
More related sayings:
Learning Quotes |
Positive Quotes about Change
- One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay
to get discouraged.
Keeping busy and making optimism a way
of life can restore your faith in yourself.
- When you get discouraged or depressed, try changing your
attitude from negative to positive and see how life can change for you.
Remember, your attitude toward a situation can help you to change it
-- you create the very atmosphere for defeat or victory.
- Don't be discouraged if your children reject your advice.
Years later they will offer it to their own offspring.
- If I had permitted my failures, or what seemed to me at the
time a lack of success, to discourage me I cannot see any way in
which I would ever have made progress.
Try to do unto others as you would have them do to you,
and do not be discouraged if they fail sometimes.
It is much better that they should fail than you should.
Goals Quotes |
Hope Quotes |
Difficult Times Quotes
- There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
- I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded
is another step forward.
Thomas Alva Edison
- Pray these for yourself and anyone in your life, and watch how God turns around the relationship you thought was hopeless.
If your morning drive to the office finds you discouraged by
listening to negative morning news, consider creating a new environment
by listening to your favorite music or to inspirational talks.
- The persistent winner is not discouraged by a problem -
he is challenged by it.
William Arthur Ward
- Staying focused on your goals is the key to winning.
Maureen O'Brien, Who's Got the Ball?
- Being discouraged can cause you
to lose hope, you need to pick yourself up, focus on the positive and find
success by taking action - you may then find your discouragement fading.
- When life has you discouraged, the smallest act of kindness can change
your whole day.
- Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to
grow strong by conflict.
William Ellery Channing
- Whatever is happening in your life, God will work it to your advantage.
It may seem hopeless or unfair, but if you love Him and trust His plan,
you will see the truth of it.
Ruthie Spoonemore, Faithful Living
- Instead of feeling discouraged, people should feel inspired and
challenged after being with you.
Lindsay J. Hallie, Happiness
- It can be helpful to read rejection letters that famous authors received
to remind yourself that even Oscar Wilde and Nabokov and J.K. Rowling
had their share of discouragement and disappointment.
Alexandra Franzen, You're Going to Survive
Short Poems and Quotes |
About Us |
Contact Us |