78 Innovation Quotes
Innovation has been defined by countless business types to mean
something very similar to what Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,
states as, "meaning a new idea, creative thoughts, new imaginations
in form of device or method. Innovation is often also viewed as the
application of better solutions that meet new requirements,
unarticulated needs, or existing market needs."
The aforementioned definitions of innovation while applied to the
business world can also be applied to the individual person. This is
the person who decides that to introduce change into their personal
equation depends on their reinvention, or innovation relative to their
own attributes; that is how they respond to issues; how they handle
stress; or how they integrate a modality of expectations into their
real personality without causing harm, grief or upset to their own
And, while all of these various definitions may have merit, it is also
wise to consider what you mean by innovation in understanding
that it may be more an individually subjective rather than an
objective viewpoint. There’s no exact science to explain where
your next idea may come from, however, it may simply be the
reading of one quote, or unique saying, or some other type of
message that may just be your trigger. So, read on and see
what thoughts unfold today.
- You can't test the waters of a new design by keeping your
foot dry. Every new invention requires risk. Only that which has
been is thought to be reinvented by fools.
- Do not adorn the walls of progress with all that has been
accomplished by others but, instead, create a brand new wall
that stands as the exact opposite of what came before.
Rosy Lee Anderson
- If you're not stubborn, you'll give up on experiments too soon. And if you're not flexible, you'll pound your head against the wall and you won't see a different solution to a problem you're trying to solve.
- If you’re going to inspire employees to achieve success, you must first and foremost build a lasting and healthy working relationship with each of them. To accomplish this, get to know each employee on a professional and personal level.
- The best creation I've ever been part of, the best change of attitude I've seen, and the most progressive and lasting renovation is the one called "me".
Byron R. Pulsifer
- It takes courage to teach, to lead, to serve, to heal, to speak up, to stand out, to look inward, to right wrongs.
Shelly L. Francis
- The valiant are the ones who bring change, get to the bottom of problems, seek solutions and lead us into the future. They make us bigger than ourselves. They exude confidence and trust. They make us part of a larger picture and bring out the best in each of us.
- To live into the future means to leap into the unknown, and this requires a degree of courage for which there is no immediate precedent and which few people realize.
- I believe you already have everything you need inside of you. You are good enough the way you are. You’ve simply learned ideas that keep you from living up to your full potential.
- A motivated, reliable team of volunteers is not something that just happens ... Recruiting is the key to an effective volunteer program because how you recruit your volunteers affects the kind of relationship you are going to have with them.
- Recognize things you can control. Identify things you cannot. Strengthen things that you can. Accept what you cannot.
S. I. Wells
- There isn’t a single person out there who doesn’t wish to be in the driver’s seat of their own lives. Making this goal a reality involves learning how to use your own mind to benefit you, instead of allowing yourself to be sabotaged by negative habits.
- It is what often lies buried deep within the subconscious that ultimately reveals what lies ahead to be born afresh.
Related quotes for your reflection:
Action Quotes |
Book Quotes |
Challenge Quotes |
Choices Quotes |
Courage Quotes |
Creativity Quotes |
Deep Quotes About Life
- Let the spirit of your work be right, and whether your task be great or small you will then have the satisfaction of knowing it is worth while.
- Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence.
Satya Sai Baba
- Being greatest lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength.
Henry Ward Beecher
- Belief creates the actual fact.
- Better to lose count while naming your blessings than to lose your blessings to counting your troubles.
- You are the best appraiser of your own life and no one will value your life like you. You must value your own accomplishments and believe in your own ability to be the best.
- Take control of your happiness. Learn how to make the decisions that will continue to elevate your mind and your spirit.
Parallel sayings for further reflection:
- I’ve never lived my life in the opinion of others.
- ... to become a memorable conversationalist, mastering the art of non-verbal communication is, at the very least, as important as the actual words.
- I have also learned that the ability to see light within the darkness creates a world of wide-open, heart-bursting possibility.
- Without constant activity, the threats of life will soon overwhelm the values.
- Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
- Sit, walk, or run, but don’t wobble.
- The greater the contrast, the greater the potential. Great energy only comes from a correspondingly great tension of opposites.
- We don’t know who discovered water, but we’re certain it wasn’t a fish.
- I will act as if what I do will make a difference.
- If you have always done it that way, it is probably wrong.
- Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change.
- If you can dream it, you can do it.
- Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
- You can’t solve a problem on the same level that it was created. You have to rise above it to the next level.
- Throughout history, people with new ideas—who think differently and try to change things—have always been called troublemakers.
- Do not fear mistakes. There are none.
- The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect, but by the play instinct arising from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the object it loves.
- There is only one thing stronger than all the armies of the world: and that is an idea whose time has come.
- History is filled with brilliant people who wanted to fix things and just made them worse.
- If you lose the power to laugh, you lose the power to think.
- Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.
- To accomplish great things we must dream as well as act.
- Dreamers are mocked as impractical. The truth is they are the
most practical, as their innovations lead to progress and a better
way of life for all of us.
Related quotations for your review:
- It is the essence of genius to make use of the simplest ideas.
- There’s no good idea that cannot be improved on.
- We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Chance favors the connected mind.
- We don’t know a millionth of one percent about anything.
- The best vision is insight.
- Genius is infinite painstaking.
- Do not get obsolete like an old technology, keep innovating yourself.
- Nothing will change the fact that I cannot produce the least thing without absolute solitude.
- Be a Columbus smell the fragrance of the new lands and discover them.
- Neither a lofty degree of intelligence, nor imagination, nor both together, go to the making of genius. Love, Love, Love. That is the soul of genius.
- Remember that every successful idea has a life cycle, and a bad idea yesterday might be reformed under changing market forces as a good idea tomorrow.
- Innovation is taking two things that already exist and putting them together in a new way.
- What good is an idea if it remains an idea? Try. Experiment.
Iterate. Fail. Try again. Change the world.
- As the births of living creatures, at first, are ill-shapen:
so are all Innovations, which are the births of time.
- There is no doubt that creativity is the most important human resource
of all. Without creativity, there would be no progress, and we would be
forever repeating the same patterns.
Edward de Bono
- In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find
themselves equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists.
- Everybody has a 1,000-horsepower mind; the trouble is they
only use about 1 horsepower.
- Innovation by definition will not be accepted at first. It takes repeated
attempts, endless demonstrations, monotonous rehearsals before innovation
can be accepted and internalized by an organization. This requires '
- Never before in history has innovation offered promise of so much to
so many in so short a time.
- The innovation point is the pivotal moment when talented and motivated
people seek the opportunity to act on their ideas and dreams.
W. Arthur Porter
- I believe in being an innovator.
- It is not the strongest of the species that survive, not the most intelligent,
but the one most responsive to change.
- Live out your imagination, not your history.
- Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things.
- Just as energy is the basis of life itself, and ideas the source of innovation,
so is innovation the vital spark of all human change, improvement and progress.
Other related quotes:
Quotes to Live By |
- If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not
doing anything very innovative.
- There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct,
or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
introduction of a new order of things.
- If you want to be more creative, stay in part a child,
with the creativity and invention that characterizes children
before they are deformed by adult society.
- If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be.
- It is better to have enough ideas for some of them to be wrong,
than to be always right by having no ideas at all.
Edward de Bono
- He that will not apply new remedies must expect new evils;
for time is the greatest innovator."
- Genius is the ability to put into effect what is in your mind.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
- This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously
considered as a means of communication. The device is of no value to us.
Western Union Internal Memo, 1876
- Everyone who has ever taken a shower has had an idea.
It's the person who gets out of the shower, dries off, and does
something about it that makes a difference.
Return to more Short Quotes and Poems