By Byron Pulsifer, © 2007
Preparation is one of the most important elements to success. Preparation also has the internal benefit of reduced stress. How does this work?
Countless people worldwide wish that they were successful, or, at the very least, able to do something they like to do. You may have heard the phrase "do what you love to do and you'll never work a day in your life". Well, you can, but not without preparation.
1. Preparation for success enables you to take advantage of opportunities when they are available. You won't have to let the opportunity pass you by. This preparation may be in the form of higher education, specialized training in an area where you want employment, sufficient money in the bank to buy into a business, or it may be in the form of people partnerships that can help you attain a position that requires sponsors.
2. Preparation for success means also that you have detailed an action plan to accomplish what you want. This includes the basic goal setting exercise that denotes exactly what you want to achieve, and when you want to reach the end result. Goal planning removes the stress associated with flying by the seat of your pants not knowing exactly where you are going and what you have to do to get there.
3. Preparation for success means you are emotionally equipped with the right attitude to see you through obstacles that you will no doubt encounter along the way. This means that you are prepared to meet each obstacle as no more than a necessary stepping-stone. That each obstacle encountered is just waiting for a solution to help you further your goal.
4. Preparation for success means that any failure you meet is seen as an opportunity to learn from mistakes. Remember that failure is your best teacher. These lessons learned would provide you with a clearer pathway to accomplish what you want.
5. Preparation for success also means that with every success will come the desire to proceed further. You must be prepared to define what ultimate success you want in any given area, and be prepared to look at new horizons.
6. Preparation for success may also mean that you will eventually encounter stress - that is stress associated with too many demands on your physical or overall wellbeing. This level of success means that you will need to be prepared to step back, step away, or reduce your involvement. At this level of success, you may end up re-defining your next steps that will serve to bring you happiness and joy. This could entail everything from retirement, to the selfless act of volunteering your knowledge to help others less fortunate. There is no better feeling than being able to help others overcome what you have with the benefit of knowledge, and experience.
Don't let lack of preparation be your obstacle to attain success. Start today.
Graduation Quotes |
Poems - Life To Me |
More Positive Thoughts |