Short Stories Archive Enjoy our archive; filled with condensed stories that
are inspirational and encouraging.
Reading other peoples stories, tales, thoughts, and messages,
can sometimes add a positive and encouraging thought to our day.
Simple Living Our journey to simple living has been a a lifestyle change. Here you will find featured short poems, stories or thoughts on ways we and others are living a simple life.
Desire Equal Simplicity
- Is it a need or a must, let the thoughts in this short poem and story about a couples need give you words to reflect upon.
- A short poem for reflection, you may also enjoy the short story by Byron Pulsifer about another form of transition
Accept A Life of Simplicity
- Have you ever thought about a simpler life. This short poem expresses the Poets thoughts on accepting a life of simplicity.
- The Layers, a short poem written by Poet, Stanley Kunitz reflects on midlife years. We hope you enjoy the wisdom the verses offer. Throughout one's life, there are many times that reflections of things to come, or change to be made are prevalent
-This short poem on Country Living discusses the Poets thoughts on living in the country, on leaving the city for a different life.
Verses about Changing
- Verses about changing to inspire you to embrace change.
Simplify Your Life
- There are many ways to simplify your life, read about one simple one we found.
8 Cooking Tips from Mum
- A short poem about Kitchens, and a short article on 8 cooking tips from Mum for you to enjoy
- Our lives today become to rushed, to hurried. Enjoy this short poem about simply simplicity.
- Read the verses in this poetry about our thoughts on the new meaning of downsizing to us.
To Me The Farm Is
- The Poet describes his feelings on how he sees his farm.
A Plain Life
- The last verse of the poetry says it all, "....teach me to be happy with the least."
Ceremonies for Christmas
- Short verses recall celebrations that mark Christmas
The Exposed Nest
- A short poem written by the famous poet Robert Frost.
Simple Living Means
- A short verse written by Catherine Pulsifer about what simple living means
How Much Money
- A short poem about asking for money for a wedding gift rather than an item
- Verses that express the basic thought of simply be thankful
- Poet, Edgar Guest, is telling us to stop whining in this short poem.
- A short poem about the cold weather written by Poet Robert Louis Stevenson.
- For years, wash day meant taking the dirty laundry throwing it in the washer and then into the dryer.
What Are My Priorities
- Priorities, just trying to determine them can at times bring stress. Find stress relief in this thought and in our favorite quote about setting priorities.
-It is amazing how we can accumulate things that we think we need, yet, we never use!
Setting our Goals for a Simpler Lifestyle
- We are often asked how did we do it, leave our jobs, the security of a steady paycheck.
Simpler Life Everyday
- The difference between living a simpler life than one of constant stress.
One can make a poem out of anything,
Once when I was little (before I was big that is),
(Well I really wasn't that little, - but what I
mean is, before I really was as big as I am now)….
Well anyway, before I was big
I wrote a little poem about what it would be like
To be big.
As it turned out the little poem became a very big poem
Just like this one!