Short Poems and Quotes
Poems about Life
Best Friends Poems
Short Love Poems
Mothers Day Poems
Fathers Day Poems
Thought for the Day
More Short Stuff
The poetry here reflects thoughts on age, on birthdays, and on life. Poems that are short but ones that relate to getting older and living each day. We can't stop the aging process so we might as well laugh and celebrate!
Birthday Greetings To You
, © 2015
This is the anniversary of the day you were born
There is no reason for you to scorn
It is a day for a party, presents and gifts
We hope this day gives you a lift
Always remember age is only a date
And you determine your own fate
I wish you happiness and joy in life
And many more birthdays to bring you delight
Happy Birthday Aging Song
Poet: Julie Hebert, © 2011
Happy birthday to you,
We know you feel blue.
It's time to get over it . . . .
There's nothing you can do!
We all eventually get old,
And it all feels foretold.
But aging can be good . . . .
Just take a look at mold!
So what if winkles come,
And your mind often feels dumb.
Don't worry about the hair loss . . . .
Your head will soon feel numb.
All joking aside,
We now must abide,
And sing happy birthday to you. . . . .
We all must now hide!
Older We Get
By: Catherine Pulsifer, © 2011
The older we get
The more we forget
But who cares
Only those who dare
To have that facelift
And then be miffed!
More Birthday Poems
Stressed by Age
- Wise words that will make you smile.
- Share this with someone who is celebrating a birthday!
- Growing old, could be considered one which describes how others see us as we age, or it could be as we grow older it is how we see ourself!
- Know someone who is turning 30, then send them this short poem to make them smile as they hit this magical age.
Another Year Older
- Share with a man who is turning another year older
- A birthday is certainly a time to celebrate. Here find two poems that you can use to mark the special day.
Fess Up about Your Age
- Great poetry to use in a birthday card about ageing.
By Catherine Pulsifer, © 2011
I'm to young to be this old
It is like catching a cold
It happens before you know
The years fly by and then your old.
But life is to be live each day
Never stop learning
Find a laugh
And life will be the best.
Poems about Life