Let these encouraging poems inspire and motivate you in times when
you need encouragement
You will find motivational, uplifting, and thought provoking words to encourage.
The poetry here is also great to share with someone who needs words of
Just reading a short poem can be the inspiration and encouragement they need to
look at a situation with hope and excitement, rather than with fear and depression.
- Never doubt your dreams and what you want to achieve
Time To Start The Day
- get all you can get out of it your day.
Time To Live Less Stressed
- about stress and living
Wanting and Learning
- be motivated and encouraged by these two short poems
Get Your Groove On
- encouraging words to keep your attitude positive.
To My Grandmother
- verses to thank this special person for their support
Pursue Your Dreams
- words to encourage you to live your dreams.
- poetry to remind to stay positive.
The Things That
- how to achieve your life goals.
People To Thank
- Who are they in your life?
Be What You Want To Be
- Let this poetry give you encouragement and hope to achieve your goals
Be The Best
- a poem reminds us all to strive to do our very best no matter what the job.
See It Through
- Words of hope to reflect on if you are encountering challenges
in your life.
- Discouraged then read this motivational poem, written by poet Edgar A Guest,
Never Let Go of Hope
- uplifting words.
Dare To Be
- Dares you to be what you want to be. It fosters thinking and the verses facilitate our own thinking.
To Win or To Lose in Life
- What is the difference between winning and losing. Read this short poem for thoughts on the difference
- One that summarized all of my feelings, and made encouraged me that I could change my life.
- A poem by Douglas Malloch which reflects on living each day for all it is worth
Poetry to remind you to never lose hope, to never adopt
the pessimist point of view! We all have a choice in life, pick the
optimisit point of view.
The pessimist's a cheerless man;
To him the world's a place
Of anxious thoughts and clouds and gloom;
Smiles visit not his face.
Though brightest sunshine floods the earth,
And flowers are all ablow,
He spreads depression where he can
By dismal tales of woe.
The pessimist's a hopeless man,
He's full of doubt and fear;
No radian visions come to him
Of glad days drawing near.
The pessimist's a joyless man,
He finds no sweet delight
In making this a happier world,
In fighting for the right
He views the future with alarm
He sees no light ahead;
Most wretched of all men is he,
Because his hope is dead.
Given That We Are
Poet: John McLeod ©'
Given that we are so often guided
Let not your heart be sad when cares pile pelf
The road you tread was long ago decided
The hurdles corssed placed surely by yourself
A course of obstacles to test the spirit
Refine the soul and cause the need to strive
Towards the light of God that shines so brightly
From which we came, and where we shall arrive
At journey's end, and after Life's full growing
The bread we cast shall be as was foretold
A measure of the Love we gave in sowing
Returning to enrich ten thousandfold!
Let this poem encourage you not to judge others, and may it
be a reminder that we all have strengths and weaknesses.
Take A Walk Around Yourself
When you're criticising others,
And are finding, here and there,
A fault or two to speak of
Or a weakness you can tear:
When you're blaming some one's weakness,
Or accusing some of pelf -
It's time that you went out
To take a walk around yourself.
There's lots of human failures
In the average of us all,
And lots of grave short comings
In the short ones and the tail;
But when we think of evils
Men should lay upon the shelves,
It's time we all went out
To take a walk around ourselves.
We need so often in this life
This balancing of scales,
This seeing how much in us wins
And how much in us fails;
But before you judge another -
Just to lay him on the shelf -
It would be a splendid plan
To take a walk around yourself.
Poet: John McLeod ©
Kind words are such a blessing to the needful,
If one but knew the pleasure that they bring
To turn the sadness of a dark day's Winter
Into the glowing life and hope of Spring.
A freely given smile is seed well planted
For when the days of giving are quite gone,
One reaps the ripened harvest of a life-time
And smiling, steps to meet the bright new dawn!
The verses here are also great to include in a card -
graduation, get well, congratulations - no
matter what the occasion you will find poems to inspire and encourage.
To quote the words of encouragement said by William Arthur Ward,
"Flatter me, and I may not believe you.
Criticize me, and I may not like you.
Ignore me, and I may not forgive you.
Encourage me, and I will not forget you."
Share the words in these poems and you may influence a persons life.
We agree with the words of Jim Stovall,
"You need to be aware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins."
We hope our collection give you words to share with others!
You may also enjoy our collection of positive thoughts which provide inspirational messages to encourage.
Short Poems and Quotes To Encourage