As you read the short poems about babies, we hope it reminds you of how special babies
truly are. Feel free to share these with new parents, grandparents and siblings.
To quote Vincent van Gogh:
"If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle."
Thankful For My Child
- A mothers thoughts about how life has changed since the birth of her child, and verses about being thankful for her child.
- The verses remind us of the joys that a baby brings to our lives.
The Little Things
- Poetry to remind you to enjoy your children while they are young.
What a Baby Costs
- While the Poet points out the costs the last verse of his poem makes it all worthwhile
- a short poem that reflects our thoughts for our children as they journey through life
- the Poet uses the analogy of a butterfly to describe children.
The Childs Appeal
- expresses the thoughts of a baby; a great poem to give to new parents
Where Did You Come From
- a wonderful short baby poem written by poet, George MacDonald
The First Steps
- describes a parents first thoughts as their baby tries to walk
Simplicity of a Child
- Life for a child may seem simple to others. But to a parent they understand the simplicity but also the complication of issues for our children
You Turned Two
- Yesterday a baby, today a two-year-old!
by Catherine Pulsifer, ©2012
Babies are a gift.
Each with their own uniqueness.
So cuddly and small
It is hard to believe that they will crawl.
Happiness is what they bring
Even with all the babbling
They grow so fast
A baby they won't last.
Cooing and smiling
Wetting the bedding
Eating and sleeping
Whatever they do we are cheering.
Even the most aged
See a baby and they are engaged
Babies melt our heart
They truly are a work of God's art.
"Babies are but one gift that continue to grow
in value nurtured through love and devotion."
"Diaper backward spells repaid.
Think about it."
"The months leading up to the baby's due date are ones where we can hardly hold our excitement."